- New London restaurant After School Club serves meals modelled on canteen dinners
- Mother with terminal cervical cancer urges women to have smear tests
- Big Brother's Bex Shiner regrets Jedward tattoo to boost Twitter followers
- Scope charity video shows disabled couples kissing in intimate video
- Alexa Chung on a life less glamorous, tiring of NY and having Starbucks meltdown
- Is Chanel's geometric bob wig the most unflattering hairstyle EVER?
- Women share their frank and shocking confessions about having 'guilt-free' abortions on secrets app Whisper
- Lerato Pitso's large bottom blamed for daily abuse and lack of love
- Radio 1 DJ Alice Levine on throwing a budget-friendly dinner party
- Morrisons’ response to boy’s letter asking if shampoo contains real poo
Patient 'raped by ER nurse' outraged after attacker went on to 'assault' another patient because police took FOUR MONTHS to investigate her complaint
More from News
- Kylie Jenner posts an Instagram selfie as Kourtney Kardashian dumps Scott Disick
- Pregnant Kim Kardashian films KUWTK with Khloe as Kourtney stays home
- Kendall Jenner leaves Chanel show in an outfit that could have come straight off the catwalk
- Lourdes Leon holds hands with a male pal as she steps out in a crop top and boyfriend jeans for cosy summer stroll
- Arturo Vidal transfer: Juventus chief denies club have received bid from Real Madrid
- Bobbi Kristina's family finally make peace in Whitney Houston daughter's 'final days'
- Nicki Minaj brings her mom on stage to thank her at The 2015 BET Awards
- Justin Bieber enjoys evening out in Hollywood with Joel Houston
- 'This is more than I can handle — I'm never going to sing again': Shania Twain reveals how her husband's affair with her best friend nearly ended her career
- Jennifer Lawrence slips into very low-cut lacy LBD for dinner with her mother Karen after casual day of apartment hunting
- Caitlyn Jenner, 65, is only too happy to fill her closet during new clip of I Am Cait
- 50 Inch Fake Butt On Detroit Factory Worker Makes White Folks Say “We Thought Her Booty Was Ghetto-Fabulous!
- Captain Save-A-Storch: Broke Azz Music Producer Says Chris Brown, Rick Ross And Tyga Will Get Him Paid
- Boyfriend recounts terror hiding under bed sheets after Wall Street CEO 'burst into apartment and demanded to know if he had sex with his model assistant'
- Iceland remains most peaceful nation in the world, study says
- R.I.P: Autopsy Reveals How Lamar Odom’s Friend Bobby Heyward Died But Was It A Drug Overdose??
- Sex and the Sahara: Striking photographs of the mysterious Islamic tribe where women embrace sexual freedoms, dictate who gets what in divorce and don't wear the veil because men 'want to see their beautiful faces
- Children are giving up video games but what's the new craze that's become king?
- Vigilante cyclist films woman texting at the wheel as she drove with two young children on board
- Amber Heard turns every head in skintight black dress and scarlet heels as she makes her way to Tonight Show appearance
- 'She breached her contract': Danniella Westbrook has been axed from Hollyoaks return before filming a single scene
- Sweden's mummified bishop: Buried in 1680 with hidden baby
- Next Apple Watch could have camera, better WiFi
- Decorated bridge urges London commuters to 'Love Mondays
- Ex-White House chef's body found in New Mexico
- $3.4 billion worth of art in a little corner of Switzerland
- Greece, Russia agree explosive gas deal
- Inside the delightfully dark world of adult animation
- Saddam Hussein's tomb destroyed, but Babylon is safe as ISIS targets antiquity
- EJ Johnson continues to show off dramatic weight loss as he dines out with Rich Kids Of Beverly Hills co-star Morgan Stewart
- Doughnut sandwiches, squid ink cheese and pizza crusts: As Burger King unveils its stomach-churning scarlet creation, the world's most bizarre burgers revealed
- That's different! Lady Gaga gets serious and puts some clothes on to receive top songwriters' award after arriving at the Hall Of Fame Induction in a bondage latex bra
- E.T. drove home: Master mechanic makes space-age vehicles suitable for alien invaders from normal family cars
- BOSSIP Exclusive: Drake And Taz Of Taz’s Angels Have Heated Argument In Miami Nightclub [PHOTOS]
- American Terrorist: White Shooter Dylann Roof Still At Large After Charleston Church Shooting, Here’s What We Know…
- Jeffrey McAllister, 38, has been arrested on multiple sex assault charges
- He's accused of abusing women at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center, Portland
- One of his victims claims she first reported abuse in January
- Took police 4 months to investigate after another victim came forward
- McAllister, a former police worker, denies the charges against him
PUBLISHED: 05:58 EST, 12 July 2013 | UPDATED: 06:11 EST, 12 July 2013
Jeffrey Neyle McAllister, 38, a former police officer, was arrested on multiple sex assault charges on Wednesday, amid accusations he abused women at the Legacy Emanuel Medical Center emergency room, in Portland
A patient who claims she was raped by a male nurse has spoken of her anger that it apparently took police four months to investigate, allowing her alleged abuser to 'attack again'.
Jeffrey Neyle McAllister, 38, a former police officer, has pleaded not guilty in Multnomah County Circuit Court .
He was faced with an 11-count indictment accusing him of raping a patient at Legacy Emanuel Medical Centre's ER, in Portland, Oregon, in January, and sexually abusing two other patients in February and last September
The Portland Police Bureau investigation only began when a patient came forward in April 2013.
One of this alleged victims claims she told police months earlier, in January, that she had been raped by the nurse.
Susan Graham waived her anonymity to speak out about her outrage that police 'mishandling' of her complaint, could mean that others were also attacked.
She told Oregon Live that she was not only devastated by her alleged attack but furious that it took four months for police to follow up on her complaint.
She claims the nurse made comments about the patterns on her underwear and physical appearance, including complimenting her on her 'narrow hips' while she was undergoing treatment at the hospital. She said he practically carried her into a bathroom because she was unable to walk, to give a urine sample. She was then raped, she says.
She said she left the Legacy Emanuel ER the night of January 15, and two days later went to a different hospital, Providence Portland Medical Centre, to make a complaint and undergo examinations.
She told the paper that it was not until April that she returned home to find a Portland detective's card waiting for her and asking her to contact police.
She said: 'I'm upset because it happened again to someone else after me. I'm appalled on how the police handled my complaint.'
Police confirmed that Ms Graham had made a report of sexual assault on January 17, but did not know what exactly her allegations were, and if they were reviewed or acted upon.
They did admit to the paper that there was a gap between her initial complaint and any subsequent follow up.
Ms Graham, a recovering opiate addict, said she believed that police had not taken her complaint seriously because she has a criminal conviction for driving under the influence of intoxicants and first-degree burglary convictions in 2012.
She said: 'I'm upset because it happened again, and it happened once before me, and the police knew.'
He has been accused of abusing women at the Legacy Emanuel Medical Center emergency room, in Portland, Oregon, where he worked as an emergency room nurse
Legacy Emanuel Medical Center dismissed McAllister in April after being made aware of the police inquiry, a hospital spokesman said.
He is charged with two counts of first-degree rape, four counts of first-degree sodomy and two counts of first-degree sexual abuse in relation to the alleged January 15 assault against Graham, the indictment says.
It also accuses McAllister of first-degree and second-degree sexual abuse of a patient who was who was 'mentally incapacitated and physically helpless' on February 14, and he is also accused of third-degree sexual abuse last September 24, having allegedly touched the breast of another patient.
A police spokesman said : 'The Portland Police Bureau investigation began when a patient came forward in April 2013, regarding allegations that McAllister inappropriate sexual contact in the Emanuel Hospital ER. Subsequent investigation and assistance from Investigator Jessica Van Horn of the Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN), made detectives aware of additional victims.