- James McArthur signs new three-year deal to extend stay at Crystal Palace
- Manchester United kid Callum Gribbin latest to be given chance by Louis van Gaal
- Jose Mourinho couldn't stop Fernando Torres and Andriy Shevchenko flopping at Chelsea... can he rescue Radamel Falcao?
- Transfer News Live: Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Real Madrid latest plus more from the rest of the world
- Divock Origi is finally back at Liverpool and he has what it takes to lead the line
- Euro crisis boosts Premier League clubs' transfer funds with seven-year exchange-rate high aiding raids on continent's top stars
- Novak Djokovic beats Kevin Anderson in five-set thriller at Wimbledon 2015 as world No 1 books spot in quarter-finals
- Chelsea ruined our Champions League dream, stole Willian and have now gone for Wembley - Tottenham Hotspur fan view
- Manchester United keeping tabs on Thomas Muller amid reports of Bayern Munich striker's rift with boss Pep Guardiola
- Divock Origi is finally back at Liverpool and he has what it takes to lead the line
Ayla Reynolds: Mother of missing toddler screams 'murderer' at ex-boyfriend outside court
More from News
- BMX Godfather Scot Breithaupt found dead aged 57
- Subway pitchman Jared Fogle's home raided amid child pornography investigation
- New virus 'causing alarming PARALYSIS in children is linked to polio'
- Women share their frank and shocking confessions about having 'guilt-free' abortions on secrets app Whisper
- Two teenage Yazidi sex slaves relive horror of being ISIS slaves
- Bobbi Kristina's family finally make peace in Whitney Houston daughter's 'final days'
- Nicki Minaj brings her mom on stage to thank her at The 2015 BET Awards
- Justin Bieber enjoys evening out in Hollywood with Joel Houston
- 'This is more than I can handle — I'm never going to sing again': Shania Twain reveals how her husband's affair with her best friend nearly ended her career
- Jennifer Lawrence slips into very low-cut lacy LBD for dinner with her mother Karen after casual day of apartment hunting
- Caitlyn Jenner, 65, is only too happy to fill her closet during new clip of I Am Cait
- 50 Inch Fake Butt On Detroit Factory Worker Makes White Folks Say “We Thought Her Booty Was Ghetto-Fabulous!
- Captain Save-A-Storch: Broke Azz Music Producer Says Chris Brown, Rick Ross And Tyga Will Get Him Paid
- Boyfriend recounts terror hiding under bed sheets after Wall Street CEO 'burst into apartment and demanded to know if he had sex with his model assistant'
- Iceland remains most peaceful nation in the world, study says
- R.I.P: Autopsy Reveals How Lamar Odom’s Friend Bobby Heyward Died But Was It A Drug Overdose??
- Sex and the Sahara: Striking photographs of the mysterious Islamic tribe where women embrace sexual freedoms, dictate who gets what in divorce and don't wear the veil because men 'want to see their beautiful faces
- Children are giving up video games but what's the new craze that's become king?
- Vigilante cyclist films woman texting at the wheel as she drove with two young children on board
- Amber Heard turns every head in skintight black dress and scarlet heels as she makes her way to Tonight Show appearance
- 'She breached her contract': Danniella Westbrook has been axed from Hollyoaks return before filming a single scene
- Sweden's mummified bishop: Buried in 1680 with hidden baby
- Next Apple Watch could have camera, better WiFi
- Decorated bridge urges London commuters to 'Love Mondays
- Ex-White House chef's body found in New Mexico
- $3.4 billion worth of art in a little corner of Switzerland
- Greece, Russia agree explosive gas deal
- Inside the delightfully dark world of adult animation
- Saddam Hussein's tomb destroyed, but Babylon is safe as ISIS targets antiquity
- EJ Johnson continues to show off dramatic weight loss as he dines out with Rich Kids Of Beverly Hills co-star Morgan Stewart
- Doughnut sandwiches, squid ink cheese and pizza crusts: As Burger King unveils its stomach-churning scarlet creation, the world's most bizarre burgers revealed
- That's different! Lady Gaga gets serious and puts some clothes on to receive top songwriters' award after arriving at the Hall Of Fame Induction in a bondage latex bra
- E.T. drove home: Master mechanic makes space-age vehicles suitable for alien invaders from normal family cars
- BOSSIP Exclusive: Drake And Taz Of Taz’s Angels Have Heated Argument In Miami Nightclub [PHOTOS]
- American Terrorist: White Shooter Dylann Roof Still At Large After Charleston Church Shooting, Here’s What We Know…
- Trista Reynolds is fighting to find out what happened to 2-year-old Ayla who vanished from her father Justin DiPietro's home in December 2011
- Ms Reynolds, 25, claims pictures showed there was blood Ayla's car seat, baby doll and her father Justin's sneakers
- DiPietro appeared in court on Wednesday for allegedly assaulting an ex-girlfriend on July 6 in Maine
By Associated Press
PUBLISHED: 07:50 EST, 26 September 2013 | UPDATED: 09:04 EST, 26 September 2013
Two days after going public with evidence she said police told her about her missing daughter, Trista Reynolds and her supporters screamed at and chased the girl's father following an unrelated court appearance.
Justin DiPietro on Wednesday pleaded guilty and was sentenced to four days in jail for violating conditions of his release in connection with his July arrest for allegedly assaulting a former girlfriend in Portland.
Prosecutors dropped the assault charge itself, telling the judge that the ex-girlfriend was uncooperative.
Scroll down for video
Public attack: Trista Reynolds follows her ex Justin DiPietro on Wednesday to demand answers about what happened on the night their daughter Ayla disappeared in 2011
Trista Reynolds, right, and Phoebe DiPietro yell at each other outside the Cumberland County Courthouse on Wednesday in Portland, Maine. Ms Reynolds confronted her ex outside court about her missing daughter Ayla, who disappeared while in his care two year ago
As DiPietro walked out of the Portland courthouse with his lawyer, Trista Reynolds and about a dozen supporters ran after him down a street and through a parking garage.
DiPietro and his court-appointed attorney ducked into the Portland police station where the crowd surrounded them and called him names, including 'murderer,' and shouted 'Where's Ayla?'
DiPietro looked away and stayed composed until he eventually took off running. Reynolds and others gave chase before giving up.
Ayla Reynolds disappeared in December 2011 from the Waterville, Maine home where DiPietro, who had custody of her, was living with his mother.
Her body has not been found and she is presumed dead. Investigators have said they suspect foul play and that DiPietro and others in the house the night before she was reported missing haven't been totally forthcoming.
In hopes of pressuring prosecutors to bring charges against DiPietro, Trista Reynolds for the past two weeks has been releasing details she says police told her about Ayla's blood being found in multiple spots inside the DiPietro home.
DiPietro has said he has no idea what happened to his daughter or who is responsible. He declined to comment on Wednesday outside the courthouse.
Trista Reynolds, 25, pictured this month, holds a photo of her 20-month-old daughter Ayla as she reveals the details of new evidence photos shown to her by police in Westbrook, Maine
Earlier this week, Trista Reynolds
released new details from evidence photographs taken in the wake of her
daughter's disappearance where she claims blood was spattered on a car
seat and baby doll.
In a statement posted online on Monday, Reynolds provided previously unreleased details she said police investigators told her about her daughter's case. Reynolds says she wants the public to appeal to the state attorney general's office to file charges against DiPietro.
Ms Reynolds said in January this year, Maine State Police showed her a slideshow of evidence pictures of blood in different locations at her ex-boyfriend's home.
In a statement posted to websites JusticeForAyla and United4Ayla on Monday, Ms Reynolds claims that Ayla’s blood was found in several rooms inside the house, on the sofa and on the little girl's car seat in DiPietro’s vehicle.
According to Ms Reynolds, droplets were also found on Ayla's princess slippers and smeared across the face of a baby doll she played with. The mother said it looked as if her daughter had tried to wipe away the blood.
Blood was also found on DiPietro's sneakers, according to the statement and on the mattress and sheets in the father's basement bedroom.
Ms Reynolds also alleged that police showed her pictures of blood splashes on the floor and walls.
Fighting for the truth: Trista Reynolds cradles her one-month-old son Anthony as she discusses the disappearance of her daughter Ayla two years ago
She told BangorDailyNews.com last
week: 'After seeing [the evidence], it has started to settle in my mind
that Ayla more than likely really is deceased and not coming back. I’m
not just able to close my eyes and not see her blood.'
Copies of the photographs or other evidence were not given to Ms Reynolds.
Maine Deputy Attorney General Bill Stokes says decisions on whether to file charges are based on evidence, not public pressure.
Miss Reynolds also has two sons. She gave birth to Anthony last month and has a two-year-old son Raymond.
By revealing details of alleged evidence, Ms Reynolds intends to put pressure on the three people who were at the home when Ayla disappeared on December 17 - her ex-boyfriend Justin, his sister Elisha and Justin's girlfriend Courtney Roberts.
No one has ever been charged in the case. Justin DiPietro told police that his daughter disappeared during the night.
Miss Reynolds was attending a ten-day rehab program at the time her daughter disappeared.
The mother also claims that police have failed to keep her up-to-date on developments in her daughter's case.
Mom: Ayla, right, was in her father's custody while her mother, Trista Reynolds, left, checked into a 10-day rehab programme
said that she doesn't know if releasing new information will be
detrimental to the case, she told BDN, but she wants to move things
Maine investigators confirmed that they met with Ms Reynolds in January 2013 but re-iterated that they have 'no reaction' to her decision to speak publicly.
The news of the bloodstains last weekend came several days after DiPietro's arrest for violating the conditions of his bail for a different charge.
DiPietro was charged with the domestic violence assault of his ex-girlfriend Courtney Roberts in July and one of his bail conditions was that he not use or possess alcohol.
Earlier this month he was stopped by traffic police due to his car's expired inspection sticker. The officer discovered alcohol in the car and he was brought in.
Father: Justin DiPietro, left, told cops he last saw Ayla, right, when he put her to bed. He said she was wearing green pyjamas with polka dots and the words ‘Daddy's Princess’ on them
Father and daughter: Ayla's blood was found in the partially finished basement that DiPietro used as his bedroom
Ms Reynolds says that police showed her pictures of her daughter's blood that was found in DiPietro's basement, room, and truck.
A sample of the blood showed that the toddler's saliva was mixed with it, leading Ms Reynolds to believe that she suffered.
Police have not arrested DiPietro
because there is no evidence to prove that he was the one who killed his
daughter but they have said that they do not think it is reasonable to
believe that she is still alive.
Di Pietro has maintained his innocence.
Mystery: Ayla Reynolds, of Waterville, Maine, was reported missing in December 2011 by her father Justin DiPietro, who told police he last saw her when he put her to bed the previous night